Thursday, February 18, 2010

So, how do I begin...

My friend Jason Fullington convinced me I should start a blog. But what do I write about? Obviously, anything to do with classic motorcycles. Or motorcycle products, which is where I spend most of my time. Or motorcycling in general. Maybe blues music now and then. Or my incredibly smart but equally independent dog Vida. But mostly the world of owning and riding classic motorcycles.

So, for the inaugural post, I must pay homage to Jason and his absolutely astounding Kawazuki. This hybrid meshing of a '79 KZ1000 frame and motor, a 2001 Suzuki V1000 front end and a '92 GSXR750 swingarm and monoshock rear looks like it came straight from the factory. No doubt due to Jason's considerable time, effort and talents that went into the build. And while it may not be a true classic in some people's eyes, there's no denying it's one damn cool motorcycle! You can read the article in the March/April issue of Motorcycle Classics. While you're there, you may want to check out the Honda CB450 Black Bomber or Erik Buell's futuristic RR1000 Battle Twin. Or subscribe. Classic eye candy delivered right to your door. Way cool.

What's next? I'll try to post something every 2-3 days. As time permits, of course. Damn day job! Upcoming posts will cover some of the niftier stuff I ran across at the Dealer Expo last weekend. We're doing a Race Tech suspension upgrade to my old R60 this weekend. I'll let you know how that goes. And I'm sure one of these days it will warm up and they'll get the sand off the streets and fix the potholes and we can think about doing some real riding. One of these days...

No comments:

Post a Comment