Friday, March 12, 2010

How time flies...

Good lord, I don't know how people find time to blog every day! Seems like I'm lucky to get two up in a week. Waaaaay too busy at work. So much going on, but all good! Working on bike shows for this season. Looks like I'll be in Wisconsin, Kansas City and Alabama. Maybe Utah. And some farm shows in Iowa. Too much fun. Also getting together the Bonneville sweepstakes. That's right. We're customizing a new Triumph Bonnie and giving it away this fall. I don't think the entry page is ready yet. I'll give you a link when it is. It'll be cool. Some weird combination of a bobber and hot rod. And it will have a spectacular paint job. Cuz we have a spectacular painter. Wait and see.

OK, cool things from Dealer Expo. Next up? This ultra-sweet, combination ramp and bed extender from Extreme Max. Works for ATVs as well as motorcycles. 2,000 pound capacity, universal fit and adds 2 feet to your truck box. This would be perfect for short beds and small trucks (like mine) where you can't fit a decent sized motorcycle (like mine) into the truck and close the tailgate (like mine). Are you listening, Extreme Max? And I like the dual ramp feature that allows you to walk up alongside of the bike instead of stopping halfway, having someone balance it while you crawl up into the bed and grab ahold for the final push. Looks like you can find them from a number of online retailers for around $300 plus shipping.

All right, big weekend. My Kansas State University Wildcats are trying to win the Big 12 Basketball Tournament. I need to do some overseeding in my backyard while it is still raining every day. Bad for riding. Good for grass. I'm going to see Chris Duarte Saturday night. Badass psychedelic blues and rock. Then Sunday we're going to start ripping parts off of the Bonneville in Backus' garage. Too much fun. Again. Story of my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment