Monday, March 1, 2010

Why do classic motorcyclists own so many bikes?

Answer: So they always have one to ride. Case in point. It's finally warming up enough to ride. The problem is that one of my bikes is torn apart with the generator down at the local repair shop. Who hasn't called me even though he said he would look at it last Friday. The other one is in Backus' garage with the front forks torn apart awaiting completion of the Race Tech suspension upgrade. So, as I feared, I'll be having a Blast this week. A Buell Blast that is. Makes me shudder. But still better than a car.

OK, so I occasionally make fun of editors. It's only fair. After all, they occasionally make fun of sales managers. But I have to admit, it's pretty damn nice that with absolutely no effort from me my R60 now has new G3-S shocks installed and everything is calculated, cut and laid out ready to assemble to complete the emulator conversion on the forks. All that is missing is a pair of bushings that are on their way from Bob's BMW to replace the ones that my forks chewed up over the last 35 years. And that is all because Backus is such a good egg. Even though I offered to assist. And I even went there one night last week to help with disassembly. Something I'm far better at than assembly. At any rate, I'll soon be riding in modern suspension style and comfort. And you'll soon be able to read all about it in Motorcycle Classics. Thanks Richard.

Coming soon: Suspension completion. Hopefully a rebuilt generator for not too much money. Otherwise I'll be looking for a used one. Maybe something about Jason Ricci, one of my favorite harmonica players who is coming to T-town this weekend. Bikes and blues. And beer...

No comments:

Post a Comment